Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend of loveliness - fishing, BBQs and fake tan!

What an awesome weekend - I grabbed a lovely sushi lunch with a friend in Jervis Square on Friday, attended the Trinity Ball that night and then headed to Cork on Saturday morning (quite unwell it must be said).

That day we went fishing off the pier in Ballycotton. All we caught was seaweed (and Chlamydia...as my friend Ash kept saying....) but it was so gorgeous out there, I could have stayed all day optimistically casting off.


We then headed to Ballymona beach which is quite near Ballycotton, lit up our bucket BBQ and roasted sausages, burgers, lamb chops, some chicken, turnip (??) and I ate paté on cucumber (I'm a coeliac and had no crackers with me so I improvised!).

It was such a lovely day, with lovely people and lovely food. Factor 50 suncream meant I didn't get a sniff of sunburn or sunrash, but today I made up for my whiteness with some fake tan - my new love. I'm lovely and sunkissed but not orange. It's a bit of a novelty for me!

In other news, I got my bike lock replaced. Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Aw I love the ukelele. It reminds me of that guy called Israel from Hawaii singing somewhere over the rainbow. You remind me of my sister Raedi, she bikes, swims AND lives in Dublin. You'll probably see her around.
    Pate on cucumber is lovely! I totally agree, Keep up the good work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Lilly, I learned Somewhere over the Rainbow last night on my ukelele, I was playing it until 4am - I'm a little bit obsessed! Raedi sounds great, perhaps we'll zip past each other on the way to the seaside on our bikes in Dublin someday :)

    ReplyDelete